Dr. Austin is a board certified Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon and is a North Carolina native.
Dr. Mark C. Austin, DDS, is a board-certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon and is a North Carolina native. He received his undergraduate degree from UNC-Chapel Hill in 1997 and went on to receive his dental degree (DDS) from UNC School of Dentistry, graduating with honors in 2001.
Upon graduation from dental school, Dr. Austin entered a two year General Practice Residency program at the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) in Charleston, SC, followed by a four year Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency at MUSC. Dr. Austin then spent six years at New Hanover Regional Medical Center where he served as Senior Attending in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Facial Trauma.
Participating in mission and volunteer work is one way Dr. Austin uses his skills to give back to the community and help those in need. He has traveled to Haiti and Nicaragua to provide treatment to people who have no access to healthcare and regularly volunteers at St. Mary Health Center in Wilmington.
Dr. Austin opened Austin Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (AOMS) in beautiful Brunswick Forest in January of 2013 where he serves patients from Southeastern North Carolina. Outside of his professional interests, Dr. Austin enjoys water sports, snow skiing, fishing, traveling, and spending time with family and friends. Dr. Austin also competes in the sport of triathlon and is a four-time Ironman®.
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center
- NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital
- Diplomat of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow of the International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Southeastern Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- North Carolina Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Society
- Wilmington Tri-County Dental Society